Curious About Cloth Kit!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

EWG's Cleaning Product Database - Sneak Peak

I think the Environmental Working Group (EWG) read my mind!  I LOVE the cosmetics database and access it a couple of times a week to check out beauty/bath/sunscreen products.  I always wished they had a cleaning product database to round off my toxin reseach.  My life would be complete!  (Okay, I admit it, I'm a nerd....)

Well, guess what?  The EWG has announced that a Cleaning Product Database is in the works!!  (I wonder if I should make a cake to celebrate the occasion....).

EWG writes: 
"The first edition of the EWG Cleaners Database is due for release in fall 2012. Already, our research has turned up products loaded with extremely toxic compounds banned in some countries. Some of their ingredients are known to cause cancer, blindness, asthma and other serious conditions. Others are greenwashed, meaning that they are not, as their ad hype claims, environmentally benign. Still more hide the facts about their formulations behind vague terms like "fragrance.""

Click here for a sneak peak at the site.

Want more?  Here's a snipet from their famous "Hall of Shame" - some of the worst offenders in the cleaning product industry.

In the meantime, I'll be planning a personal launch party.  What do you think?  Potluck or catering?  

No comments:

Post a Comment